Fellowships provide additional education following the completion of residency training. Surgeons may elect to enter a fellowship to specialize in a particular area of surgery, including:
- Adult Surgical Critical Care
- Advanced Cardiac Surgery (non-accredited)
- Breast Surgery (non-accredited)
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Lung Transplantation (non-accredited)
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Surgical Critical Care
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transplant Nephrology Fellowship (via the Comprehensive Transplant Center)
- Transplant Surgery Fellowship (non-accredited, via the Comprehensive Transplant Center)
- Transplant Surgery Scientist Training Program (via the Comprehensive Transplant Center)
- Vascular Surgery
Housestaff Training at McGaw
McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University offers exceptional training experiences at nationally ranked hospitals and fosters a culture of diversity, innovation and excellence.
Learn more about the benefits of training at a world-class academic medical center in a diverse and vibrant city of Chicago. Further program details, including the Department of Medicine housestaff manual and a sample training contract, are available on our McGaw Medical Center Graduate Education site.
Physician-Scientist Training & Resources
We offer a wide range of resources, mentorship opportunities and formal training programs to help our residents and fellows excel as physician-scientists. Explore all of the resources and hear from housestaff who are making research a major part of their career development plans.