The Division of Vascular Surgery within the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine's Department of Surgery welcomes you to our website. Our mission is to reduce the mortality and disability from vascular disease through patient care, research, and education. Our strategy to accomplish this mission is to bring together highly qualified individuals who have basic and clinical research interest and expertise in vascular disease to create novel treatments and prevention programs to detect and treat arterial and venous vascular disease.
Our Team Welcomes You!
The Division of Vascular Surgery is partners with McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University to offer both a traditional Vascular Surgery Fellowship Training Program (5+2) and an Iintegrated Vascular Surgery Residency Program (0+5). The programs are designed to complement one another. Together, they work to produce exemplary leaders within vascular surgery who are prepared to succeed in clinical and academic careers.
Learn About Our Training Experience
Visit our training program webpages:
- Integrated Vascular Surgery Residency Program (0+5)
- Vascular Surgery Fellowship Training Program (5+2)
Watch our program videos:
Follow us on Instagram: @northwesternvascular
To see where our alumni are now, see our Alumni page. Explore the following pages for information on our annual educational events:
- Annual Northwestern Vascular Symposium
Held each December, the symposium unites 50 national vascular care experts for a comprehensive overview of the latest in vascular surgery.
- John J. Bergan, MD, Lectureship
The division selects an honorary guest speaker each year whose work greatly contributes to the field of vascular surgery.
- Annual Nursing Conference on Selected Topics in Vascular Disease
Nurses gather at this annual conference to discuss vascular topics, case studies and management related to the care of vascular patients.
- Come learn about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Learn more about the ways in which McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University Supports our program with:
- Chicago-Wide Vascular Surgery Journal Club brings together vascular surgery trainees and faculty in Chicago.
- Meet our nurse practitioners, administrative assistants, and division administrator.
Meet Our Team
Professor of Surgery (Vascular Surgery) and Radiology
Associate Professor of Surgery (Vascular Surgery)