Animal Care and Use Committee (ACUC) Training and Protocols
Contact CCM regarding the addition of a new employee.
- Receive e-mail from CCM with instructions for accessing the AALAS Learning Library, including username and password.
- Login at www.aalaslearninglibrary.org. Under the "Libraries" tab, select "Animal Care and Use Courses". Select the first option
- "All NU Animal Users Required Courses". There are 2 required courses:
- "Northwestern University (RT)-" select and complete: "Occupational Health and Safety"
- "US Mandates and Guidelines Courses-" select and complete: "Policy on Human Care and Use of Laboratory Animals".
- Return to "Animal Care and Use Courses Library", and complete the applicable training modules
Center for Comparitive Medicine (CCM)
Once the ACUC online training has been completed, you will need to schedule the orientation class. Contact Mollie Kennedy (3-2758, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Research Orientation Classes - Mondays 1:30 to 4:30 PM. Wednesdays 9:00 AM to noon
- Facility Tour
- Key card access to CCM
- Euthanasia Course
Human Subjects Training
- Complete NU CITI Training online. http://www.research.northwestern.edu/oprs/irb/education/initial.html