Read the latest news from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Surgery, Division of Transplant Surgery. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards, and honors.
- Congratulations Derrick Christopher, MD MPH on your new role as Associate Program Director of Evaluation in the General Surgery Residency Program.
- 2018 Tripartite Legacy Faculty Prize in Translational Science and Education winner is Michael Abecassis, MD, MBA, the James Roscoe Miller Distinguished Professor of Medicine and founding director of the Comprehensive Transplant Center. To watch video click here.
- Congratulations Nitin Katariya, MD on your new role as Transplant Surgery Fellowship Program Director. Joseph Leventhal, MD, PhD will continue his involvement as the Assistant Program Director for the fellowship.
- Congratulations Dr. Leventhal for your recent research award from U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command for the study, "T Cell Receptor Repertoire Analysis as a Biomarker for Predicting Graft Rejection in Transplant Recipients".
- Congratulations on your named professorship Jason Wertheim, MD, PhD, Edward G. Elcock Professor of Surgical Research.