News & Events
- [+] 12.28.2012 Researchers collaborate with Surgery Faculty to create simulators to enhance medical educationRead the Feinberg SOM article Innovation Lab Enhances Medical Training which discusses how "researchers in the lab have collaborated with faculty to create everything from pediatric radiology simulators to neonatal chest tube simulators to plastic surgery models for facial lacerations... Amy Halverson, MD collaborated with the lab to develop plastic surgery models for facial lacerations. Read More
- [+] 11.26.2012 Dr. Eric Hungness is named the S. David Stulberg, MD, Research Professor of Advanced Surgical EducationDr. Eric S. Hungness was celebrated last Monday evening, November 19th with a program in honor of his investiture as the S. David Stulberg, MD, Research Professor of Advanced Surgical Education. The S. David Stulberg, MD, Research Professorship of Advanced Surgical Education was created by Max & Lorayne Cooper in 2007 to recognize and thank Dr. S. David Stulberg for the compassionate and expert care he provided Mr. Cooper over the years. Through this professorship, created in perpetuity, the fields of advanced surgical education and minimally invasive surgery research and education will receive excellent, ongoing support. Congratulations Dr. Hungness!
- [+] 06.15.2012 Jesse Meyer receives NMFF Administrative Leadership Excellence Award
Congratulations to Jesse Meyer, Division Administrator, on receiving the NMFF Administraive Leadership Excellence Award. Awards are given to a member of the management team who has demonstrated outstanding administrative leadership of a new or existing program, or a long term commitment to accepting and excelling at new leadership assignments.
- [+] 06.15.2012 Remi Love receives NMFF Service Excellence Award
Congratulations to Remi Love in the Surgical Oncology Division on receiving the NMFF Service Excellence Award. Awards are given to staff members in both administrative and clinical roles who have consistently provided extraordinary service and exhibited an unwavering commitment to the standards NMFF espouses.
- [+] 01.04.2012 Dr. Karl Bilimoria is quoted in the Chicago Tribune
- [+] 01.01.2012 Chicago Magazine names 2012 Top Doctors: Congratulations to Dr. John Andrews!Congratulations to Dr. John Andrews named one of "Chicago's Top Doctors" in the January, 2012 issue of Chicago Magazine, an honor bestowed upon less than two percent of doctors in metropolitan Chicago!
- [+] 01.01.2012 Chicago Magazine names 2012 Top Doctors: Congratulations to Drs. Mahvi, Soper & Stryker!Congratulations to Drs. David Mahvi, Nathaniel Soper & Steven Stryker, named "Chicago's Top Doctors" in the January, 2012 issue of Chicago Magazine, an honor bestowed upon less than two percent of doctors in metropolitan Chicago!
- [+] 12.13.2011 Dr. Karl Bilimoria discusses Alternative to Amputation for Patients with Advanced Skin Cancer“This is a remarkable and frequently effective option for treating patients who otherwise would face amputation or disfiguring surgery,” said Karl Bilimoria, MD, surgical oncologist at Northwestern Memorial and member of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University. Read NMH Press Release
- [+] 10.10.2011 Dr. Mahvi discusses pancreatic cancer
Dr. David Mahvi joins the discussion in the fox news segment: "Why is Pancreatic Cancer Like Steve Jobs' So Dangerous?: Dr. Giovinco" View Video
- [+] 09.26.2011 Dr. Carla Pugh is honored with Presidential Award!
- [+] 09.19.2011 Dr. Hungness is featured in WGN feature: "Incisionless Surgery"Incisionless surgery. Using the body's natural entry points, doctors chart a new course. It's a pathway to less pain for patients. Read Article
- [+] 08.22.2011 Dr. Hungness discusses POEM“This surgical approach not only eliminates the need for external incisions, but also offers greater precision and a faster healing time for patients,” said Eric Hungness, MD, gastrointestinal surgeon at Northwestern Memorial. Read NMH Press Release
- [+] 07.29.2011 Dr. Steven Stryker discusses colon health
- [+] 07.18.2011 Dr. Boller & Dr. Halverson discuss a new therapy for bowel incontinence
“Until now, few treatments have been successful in treating bowel incontinence,” said Amy Halverson, MD, a colon rectal surgeon at Northwestern Memorial. “This is an exciting new option that will give many patients their freedom back by eliminating symptoms. We are excited to be able to offer this to patients.”
- [+] 06.28.2011 Dr. Pugh is featured in the Chicago Tribune discussing breast exams
Dr. Carla Pugh is featured in the Chicago Tribune article: "Northwestern doctor takes hands-on approach to breast exams... Simulated breasts, genitals can help students learn proper techniques for physical exam — and to set consistent standards for medical professionals" Read Article
This page last updated Dec 1, 2011