News & Events
- [+] 03.15.2013 Dr. Edwin C. McGee has been selected as the national co-principal investigator for the HeartWare HVAD Thoracotomy Registry
Dr. Edwin C. McGee has been selected as the national co-principal investigator for the HeartWare HVAD Thoracotomy Registry. The purpose of this study is to evaluate less invasive implantation methods of the HeartWare HVAD assist device.
- [+] 01.29.2013 Dr. Malaisrie discusses bypass surgery and stentingDr. Chris Malaisrie, MD, is quoted in the Medill Reports Chicago article, "Cut it out: study suggests heart surgery offers best chance at long-term health." Read article
- [+] 08.19.2012 Dr. McCarthy discusses wireless pacemakersDr. Patrick McCarthy discusses wireless pacemakers in the online article "Wireless pacemakers and defibrillators being developed by NUvention Medical"
- [+] 06.20.2012 Dr. Patrick McCarthy discusses HeartValveSurgery.comDr. McCarthy is featured in the timesunion.com online article " Northwestern Memorial Hospital Launches 'Heart Valve Clinic Microsite' At HeartValveSurgery.com."
- [+] 04.28.2012 Dr. Lee is quoted in a Medical News Today online articleDr. Richard Lee is quoted in the Medical News Today online article "When Carrying Out Cardiac Surgery, Surgically Treat Atrial Fibrillation, Study Indicates" View Article
- [+] 03.26.2012 Dr. McCarthy is quoted in MedPage Today article: Cheney Transplant Turns Focus to Age and HF Treatments"'Fortunately, he had a successful bridge to transplant, but the devices are not without risk, such as bleeding, infection, and stroke,' wrote Patrick McCarthy, MD, chief of cardiac surgery at Northwestern University, in an email to ABC News and MedPage Today." Read Article
- [+] 02.17.2012 Dr. Patrick McCarthy is quoted.
Dr. Patrick McCarthy is quoted in the abc news article "Cannon Suffered Blood Clots in Lungs, Enlarged Heart" Read Article
- [+] 01.01.2012 Chicago Magazine names 2012 Top Doctors: Congratulations to Dr. Patrick McCarthy!Congratulations to Dr. Patrick McCarthy named one of "Chicago's Top Doctors" in the January, 2012 issue of Chicago Magazine, an honor bestowed upon less than two percent of doctors in metropolitan Chicago!
- [+] 08.31.2011 A 6-year integrated residency program in cardiothoracic surgery
The Division proudly joined a select group of only 14 programs nationwide with the approval of a 6-year integrated residency in cardiothoracic surgery in January 2011. FSM Student, Danielle Smith, will begin the program in July as our first resident.
- [+] 07.19.2011 Dr. McCarthy is quoted in the NMH press release "The Cardiology and Heart Surgery Program at the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute Ranks 16th in the Nation According to U.S. News & World Report""Through pioneering new procedures like transcatheter aortic valve replacement and offering sophisticated and complex treatment options, we remain ever vigilant of this goal for both our patients and the community we serve.” Read NMH Press Release
This page last updated Dec 1, 2011